To Sardinia with love: part one




Since I'm surrounded by Italian people pretty much every day (working at Zara is a multicultural experience, I'm telling you), I had been asking Tiago, the IT boy who I've already spoken about, to take me to Sardinia. I had enough of my friends telling me it is one of the most beautiful places in the world and their Instagram feeds making me anxious. So I went after some real proof. And Sardinia it was.

With my birthday coming and as my skin needs a soft kiss of sun at least once a year (well, the sun is not that soft there, believe me), Tiago found the perfect occasion to give us some quality time together, far away from work, the London underground and everyday routine. Just the two of us. Well, at least that's what we were expecting before we got there and met a really sweet Italian family.

WHERE WE STAYED

You might all have heard about Airbnb. There's always a first time for everything and this was ours. Gone are the days of impersonal hotel towels and twin beds joint together.
A mystery dirt road led us to this pretty and cozy house. Casa Anna. That's how they decided to call it. It's amazing the feeling of wondering what you are gonna find at the end. While we were traversing that path the expectations were not very high but all of a sudden... surprise. It was just happiness.


A very kind and lovely Italian lady was expecting us. Marzia. Her name. Well, a house with my first name and a lady with my second one it has to be just a sweet coincidence and a good start of the perfect week, I thought. And so it was.

Marzia didn't speak english at all. And that's somethig you will struggle with if you are planning to visit Sardinia. As a Portuguese it was not that difficult to understand the fast and loud Italian language. It's kind of similar to Portuguese after all. And working at Zara brought some advantages to my life. So all the gesture language made us laugh pretty much all the time and definitely made the week.

Our room was just perfect. I couldn't ask for more. Cozy, lovely colours, sweet details and perfect lines. The deco made us totally feel at home. Simple and beautiful. The way Marzia stretched the bed sheets everyday made me remind my childhood. Perfectly done as a grandma. My grandma.
She had this attention to detail and precious kindness, putting flowers on my bedside table making me smile every night before closing my eyes.






Every morning there was a high-expectation for breakfast, since Marzia has definitely turned up the heat in the kitchen. Nearly everything that comes out of the kitchen is made in-house, and it will feel like you are sitting around the table of an Italian family home. Actually you are.
Despite not having my every morning mango granola milkshake, all the colours and the relaxed atmosphere made me happy. And let me tell you that the Marzia's vanilla tea is just something. My body didn't even miss the milkshake after all, which is weird.
The breakfast room also has an amazing view towards the well cared and beautiful garden. I could easily get used to it.





Our balcony also holds some special memories.
That's where I would sit everyday after coming back from a long day in a paradisiac beach. Listening to some music and sometimes even drinking some Italian wine while eating the best pomodoro and the softest formaggio.
For a few moments I felt like a completely Italian girl, living the Italian dream. A small home in the middle of nowhere surrounded by love.



The common areas were also just simple perfection.
I just fell in love with the antique piano in the living room. Of course I don't play piano. But the atmosphere there is so overwhelming that I even tried to. Without any success. Me, and everyone around, could tell. 








Let's not forget Sandra. The small Dachshund dog of the house who Marzia takes care of extremely well. She also welcomed us in her home and warmed our hearts. I miss her and her sweet way.


Casa Anna made us feel special.
Airbnb will definitely be from now on our first option. It's a very personal experience for all of us. We miss Marzia and her family but I believe they miss us as well. It's amazing what this experience can bring into you and into your life. Staying with people from different countries and different cultures in their own home.

I will never forget the way Marzia hugged me as we were leaving nor the words she whispered. The Italian words that touched my heart. Meravigliosa. Come una figlia.

We all have different backgrounds but there's something that we all share - we all just want to be happy and enjoy life.
Welcome home with Airbnb.


Post a Comment